Truly, it’s pretty easy. First, we’re midway between Rockville and Terre Haute. We’re also just one county east of the IN-IL state line and roughly between I-74 and I-70 — which puts us roundly 90 miles due west of Indianapolis. We’re also 8-10 miles off US Highway 41, making it very quick and easy to get close to us.
The harder part is understanding county blacktops. Watch for our Strawberry Festival Pepsi banners and logo signs by US 41 turning points to guide you in. Here are some pointers to help.
- Coxville Rd turnoff has a large Rock Run Cafe & Bakery sign on the northeast corner and a large polebarn-type dance-aerobics business building on the southeast corner.
- Lyford (Greencastle Hill Rd) turnoff is identified by the Lyford Feed Store on the northeast corner.
- 900N (Snow Rd) turnoff is marked by a large Ditzler Orchard sign on the south corner.
- Parke/Vigo County Line Rd turnoff is marked by US Highway green signs and also hasa business on the northeast corner.
- From North Terre Haute on Business Route 41, Parke Avenue going east will curve into Rosedale Road. It is marked by Mr Jiggs Lounge and a petro-mart.
- For GPS routing, use our street address of 40 N. Main Street, Rosedale, 47874
(Hints: From Indianapolis, the most direct is to go west on Highway 36 – Rockville Road, which runs right through Rockville to US 41 south. However, if you’re traveling up or down Indiana 63’s four-lane route, turn east at the Indiana 163 – Clinton stoplight [car lots and flag poles on the east corners] and follow it across the Wabash River to US 41 just above Lyford. From there, see exit listings above.
Where to Stay and More
A truly huge number of events happen annually in Parke County, Indiana. CoveredBridges.com is Parke County’s primary information source for more on county events, attributes, lodgings; the Parke County Maple Fair held each spring; the 10-day Parke County Covered Bridge Festival held here each October; and a whole slew of other activities occuring within the county throughout the year. It also holds a large interactive map of the county done in great detail. Please feel free to explore.
The pdf version of the Rosedale Strawberry Festival brochure found on this site also contains a list of county motels, inns, cabins and campgrounds with phone numbers.